1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I ask him out? NEED ADVICE

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by grungeteen, Jul 27, 2015.

1. grungeteen

I have got a dilemma and it probably seems really stupid to some people but it really confuses me. So I recently came out to close friends as bisexual and I've never had a proper relationship with either sex but I really, really want a girlfriend. The problem is that there is a guy that I have a crush on and I maybe would like to ask him out but ever since I've accepted that I am bisexual, I have lost a little bit of interest in him even though my crush is still a little bit ongoing and I have been debating inside my head whether to ask him out because I want a girlfriend and apart of me wants to keep myself single and so be open to getting one becauseif I do ask him out and he says yes and becomes my girlfriend, then it makes my chance of getting a girlfriend very low (also, I would probably force myself to stop looking for one) but at the same time I really like him and I am worried that if I don't go for it now, it'll be too late but then again, I want a girlfriend and in order to do that, I must keep myself open and single. Does anyone have any advice on what is the right choice to make? I'm sorry if this problem seems stupid.... Thanks...

2. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've taken the following quotes from your posting for you to reflect on again:

Even though you still have a certain amount of interest in the guy you are telling us about, it seems clear that your real interest lies in a relationship with another girl and I would be guided more by those feelings, right now.

3. grungeteen

Does anyone else have any advice? I am still really stuck on the fence between these two things...

4. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well it seems that after you came to terms with your sexuality, your attractions to girls sounds like your preference at the moment. If you're kind of on the fence of "should I or should I not" then I would hold back on the guy you're crushing on, because ending a relationship is a lot harder than starting one.