1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I like him but I need some advice.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ShadowsRunner, Jul 27, 2015.

1. ShadowsRunner

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I know many people say meeting people online or over a app is never a good way to meet people, let alone people to like or even love but I've never fallen for that saying. I've been talking to a guy I met on a app back in early may and have been texting him practically every single day and whenever we can talk. He's really cool and I know I like him but i don't know if i love him. I know after only 3 months its hard for many to say if they love their other person but me and my emotions don't get along too well. I tend to lock them up so I don't feel hurt when they leave. Also he lives a good distance away so i don't know what to do. The final thing is he is deaf which i could care less about.....I guess I'm asking what should I do? Should i hold on to the hope one day we meet? Am i just being paranoid?
    If this doesn't make sense i get it, personally its alot for me to comprehend myself, but any advice i can get would be helpful right now.
    Thank you everyone!!

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In a way, it's no different than any other type of relationship/dating - are you comfortable and happy with what he adds to your life right now, in the present? And do you want to see where things go? If so, then stick around. :slight_smile:

Also, how far away are you talking, in terms of distance? If this is the sort of thing where you could drive into town to see him, that's one thing, but if he's more of a flight away, that's another. The above still holds, but it might be easier to say more of what to do with more details.

3. ShadowsRunner

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm very comfortable with him and everything he adds to my life now and since I first started talking to him. Honestly i really do want to see where this might go, I just have a fear of what happens if it doesn't go anywhere.

Far away as in many states away so if we ever did meet it would mean flying to meet, but we both are in collage, him a year senior to me but always talks about meeting me one day, never doubting it wont happen. He talks in ways that can calm me or make me just feel happy. I hate when we aren't able to talk so i really want this all to workout and be real.

4. shane0595

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    it's hard to tell if you are really "in love" with someone until you meet them. we all seem very different in person than we do via the internet or on an app. first, you should TALK to him so you can hear his voice and see how the conversation goes. next you should make plans to fly to meet him in person. otherwise, you will never know. if he isn't keen on meeting you in person then that's a red-flag, that things aren't what they seem to be.

#4 shane0595, Jul 28, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
  5. StartANewLifE

It's important to meet someone to see if you too will get along well personally. Online or text messages "feelings" can be confined within that category only. It's always best to try and meet the person at least. Online feelings might not be the same as when you too actually see each other in real-life. The chemistry might not or might be there. I hope you too will meet and I hope it will turn out good. :slight_smile:

6. wisefolly

wisefolly Guest

You mention he's deaf, which works out while you guys are online for communicating but it might be different once you're together unless you learn/know sign language. I remember in an interview some deaf gay minor celebrity mentioned it was difficult/frustrating communicating with hearing friends who didn't know sign language, let alone someone he was interested in.

Not a huge obstacle hopefully but something to consider. To compare, I have a relative who met someone and they married right away even though they didn't even speak the same language. They're still married and have kids now, so, it's not impossible.