1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I really want a gay BF

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by RetroRhombus, Jul 27, 2015.

1. RetroRhombus

RetroRhombus Guest

I know no gay guys my age, but want nothing more than a boyfriend. I would love to have one, even online, but cant get one. If anyone could give advice on how to get an online I would love that.

Thanks!

2. ShadowsRunner

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've been in the same boat for years now myself man, i know where your coming from. I know alot of people say not to worry about it you will find someone one day, but everyone worries til they do. But I will say don't rush looking for someone to right away call your BF. I have many friends who started out as friends and went to dating, if you go out searching for love as badly as you want you might miss over somethings they do or have that you don't like. Its better to take your time and make sure you really like them and they like you, and you know each others personality.
    Just be you man. I hope you do find someone one day my friend. We're all here for you :slight_smile:

3. StartANewLifE

It's better to not rush it at all. I've been having the same feeling like you lately. Recently I dated a guy out of that 'rush' and it didn't turn out well. It's better to wait. Whatever your age, wherever you are you're gonna meet and see different people.

And I have this motto in life (just thought I might share it).It came from my journal:

"...Someday,somewhere, I'll be sitting or lying next to him and I'll tell myself - it's him, I'm glad I waited."

4. Lyana

I agree with the above posters.
    It's not really a good thing to "want nothing more than a boyfriend." In order to have a healthy, happy relationship, you need to be comfortable with yourself. You have to be okay being single. A boyfriend isn't going to "fix" you or "complete" you. Two broken people coming together isn't going to make something whole and beautiful, but something cracked and fragile.

How do you find a boyfriend? Well, you don't go around hunting for a boyfriend. There's no rush and there's nothing wrong with being single. "I'm lonely" is not a good reason to look for a relationship.
    Instead, you put yourself out there and meet as many people as possible. Join groups that cater to your hobbies (or an LGBT group, or both), go out for a drink and start talking to people, extend your circle of friends, join sites or forums where you can chat with people you share some interests with.
    Don't look at every person you meet as "MY FUTURE BOYFRIEND." Don't underestimate the value of friends. The more people you meet, the more gay and bisexual guys you will meet. And the more people you meet, the more people they will introduce you to, and out of that significantly increased pool, maybe you will meet someone there's a spark with. Even if it doesn't happen immediately -- you will have met a lot of cool people, and you will hopefully be having fun being single.

5. Mhin

I still believe that the right person will come at the right time. Stay positive and enjoy life :slight_smile:

6. Mischief

Mischief Guest

I feel you man.
    But as aaaalll posters have said, love will come at the right time.
    You may feel lonely, as I do, but it will come. (*hug*)