1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to move out so badly :(

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by IG88, Jul 29, 2015.

1. IG88

I'm 21 years old and still living at home. Unfortunately, I don't make enough money to survive on my own. I live with my overbearing and nosy mother, and I can't wait to break free from my arrested development and try to be independent.

What accelerated this viewpoint of mine happened a week or so ago. I got on a dating app and started chatting with this guy (btw I am not out at all, nor do I know for sure what my orientation is). Anyway, we've gone on a few dates. He kind of lives far away, so I would be gone on this date for hours at a time. My mom wonders where I've been all day. Me, being terrible at lying, say that I don't want to talk about it. She says okay.

Fast forward to 3am the next morning. After being asleep for a few hours, my mom bursts into my room and interrogates me while I'm at my weakest and groggiest. I lie and say I was with some friends from school just to get her to go away. I felt completely violated and this event made me so upset I barely slept at all that night. Again, later, my mom interrogates me (fortunately not while I was asleep, but this time right before I go to bed). I finally have to "confess" that I've gone on a couple dates with this girl. That seemed to stop the questions...for now

I feel so depressed lately. I can't be myself, and I need to find a new place where I can finally breathe. Idk what to do :help:

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Have you thought about renting with others to lower the cost? The other thing you can do is just tell your mom that what you do outside of the house is your own business.

3. IG88

I would have to yeah. I need to sit down and figure out what my weekly budget can be. Lol and no, that wouldn't work telling my mom that.

4. wisefolly

wisefolly Guest

Is giving her complete nonsense answers an option? This is how I give people a subtle "hint" when they're slow to realize their questions are not wanted and answers not forthcoming.

5. Cesar123

I got 3 ways you can move out.
    1. If you have a stable and reliable job, you can move out and live with some friends or independently.

2. Go to college, and live in Dorms.

3. If you are fit to serve, than enlist in the U.S. Military. Which is in my opinion the quickest way to becoming independent....