1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scared Of Actually Being In A Realtionship If It Happens In The Future

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by BookWriter1994, Aug 1, 2015.

1. BookWriter1994

To be honest, I want one. A Realtionship, I would like to have someone who would text me good morning and good night. Someone who would take me out on fun dates and hold hands and all the other couple stuff. I want that SO BAD!

However, I am scared of actually being in a Realtionship if it actually happens in the future. I have no idea why that is. Maybe it's becuase I have been rejected by so many guys since like middle school(I am 21 now) that I started to feel afraid of actually dating a guy.

I do not want to be afraid of men anymore and I truly want a lovey-dovey relationship but with the state that I am in idk when that will actually happen.

What should I do to get over this fear of dating? I am tired of the single life! Advice please?:help:

2. Joey101

I am truly sorry to tell you that I am not sure on how to help you for I don't have much (really any) experience with relationships myself.
    But maybe it would help you to think positive? Luckily I have lots of other problems that distract me from thinking about excatly that thing.
    But maybe it will help you if you think about the reasons of your fear. You are scared to be rejected?
    That's totally natural while never a very nice feeling.
    You seem to be a very open minded person, which is a really great charactertrade. You should think better about yourself. In the end you aren't scared of dating but about failing a relationship, maybe due to your looks or some behaviour or something most likely absolutely ridiculous.
    But this can also be a positive aspect, for as long as you care about the way the other person feels abou you, you can not completly fail a relafionship on your own.

I hope this helped at least somewhat and good luck :wink:(*hug*)

3. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

Hey. I'm in a very similar situation right now myself. I haven't figured out how to get over this fear yet, but I've been thinking about it a lot lately. I think (for me at least) the reason I'm afraid of relationships is because being vulnerable with someone scares me. I watched these videos recently that kind of helped me at least understand this fear more:
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCAQ3ywwAGoVChMIr429tqGJxwIVgUo-Ch3FBADR&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ted.com%2Ftalks%2Fbrene_brown_on_vulnerability%3Flanguage%3Den&ei=O3S9Ve-DGIGV-QHFiYCIDQ&usg=AFQjCNFLOgIJmTUe-QltELWMYsqIFtZkBw&bvm=bv.99261572,d.cWw

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB4QtwIwAGoVChMI08SriaKJxwIVCTY-Ch1S0Qcb&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D_UoMXF73j0c&ei=6XS9VZOsCons-AHSop_YAQ&usg=AFQjCNHgqRfpxvLzhbYj_wdab2ZlFYG3nQ&bvm=bv.99261572,d.cWw

I hope this helps. Anyway, if you want, maybe we could chat and figure this out together?:slight_smile: Best of luck(*hug*)

4. gloomyra

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I know how you feel! I was thinking the same thing about myself when I saw your post. Unfortunately I don't have much advice, but I wish you the best of luck!

5. Damos

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Yeah I actually feel the same but with the added fear that the girl/boy I end up with ends up changing me in a way I don't like.