1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My sis is evil... That's the only way I can put it.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by YinYang, Aug 5, 2015.

1. YinYang

Today in my summer camp, I found out about some things my sister did to a 'friend' of hers. This person (let's call her Natasha) used to be pretty good friends with my sister (let's call her June). But about two years ago, Natasha started coming to me about problems they were having (little, childish things). I shrugged it off and helped to settle things. Last year, there was a lot of drama between them and a lot of tears. I was there for a lot of it. Today, Natasha told me a couple other things that I didn't know about June, and they weren't nice things. My parents aren't super strict or anything, but when they put a rule down, they expect it to be followed, and it's always obviously for our safety. My parents hate most social media and like to check out a website before we join. They especially hate things like kik, instagram, and twitter. Today I found out, from my best friend that would never lie about something like this, that my sister made an instagram without telling my parents, and Natasha told me that she said her parents wouldn't let her get an instagram and my sister replied with 'Just lie to them'. Natasha then asked June if her sister (me) knew about her instagram and June said 'Of course!'. I had no idea until today. I've also seen my sister act pretty mean to people, including me. My parents know that she doesn't exactly treat me like a sister, but they insist she's just 'going through a phase' (she's 11, turning 12 in October, by the way). The thing is, I don't think that's it. She's been like this for a while. I've talked to her and both of my parents have talked to her, but she doesn't do anything to change. I don't know what I should do.

Sorry for making it so long, I wanted to give some background for the situation.

2. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

Yeah.. This sucks for you. I was the evil little sister at one point.. But I was just crazy off my meds so it's okay. I'm better now.

As for your sister.. does she ever show traits of borderline personality disorder, adhd or yes i'm going to say it.. a sociopath? EVIL SISTERS.. DAMN THEM ALL.

Sorry i'm not that helpful.. I'm trying to be upbeat right now.. I have a funeral to go to in 5 hours.

#2 ChloeKiss, Aug 5, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
  3. YinYang

I DO think she might have a slight bipolar disorder, but that's just me. We've never gone to a psychiatrist or anything for her (just a therapist for me), it's just my 'evaluation' from what I've read in articles online.

4. YinYang

I just don't know what to do anymore...

5. troubleshooter

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Evil is way too strong a word! She's just a little girl, not even a teenager yet. However, she is being very manipulative, and sounds like a bully. I think you should also not try to give her labels of serious mental health issues that most people don't know of very well. I've actually got a degree in mental health and I'll tell you it's not so simple. Most people also don't truly understand what Bipolar and BPD are.

I think what June really needs is some boundaries, restrictions and more monitoring from your parents. You said they're strict, but they've obviously allowed her to misbehave and be mean to you, as well as given her the opportunity to sneak an instagram account. How old are you by the way? I think you should talk to your parents about June's behavior, and that you are concerned she's not only breaking the house rules, but being mean and pushy to her friends. Both of these things are problems that should be addressed NOW, as they will definitely get worse and harder to control as she grows. I'm sure June will throw a fit that you told on her, but she needs discipline and to learn how to behave while she's still young. I would also have a talk with Natasha, and tell her that if June is cruel or a bully to her, she should not hang out with her. That's good advice for any kids, and it might also help your sister see that being mean to friends means they don't want to spend time with you. But either way, this definitely needs some parental intervention.

6. YinYang

I'm not trying to diagnose her with anything, it's just something I noticed. She seems to have some of the symptoms I read online, but not near all of them. I've talked to my parents about this before, but I think I will try to push them to see what is happening. I'm 14, almost 15, but I've been told I'm much more mature than most people my age. I have talked with Natasha about this before and have made it clear that I want to help her. Thank you for the advice.

7. Runner5

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Honestly, your sister sounds like a completely normal 11 year old bratty sister. Kids lie to their parents all the time, some are mean to their siblings. I have a sister and this doesn't seem that strange.