1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving in with your partner

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Robyn, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Robyn

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I recently bought a condo with my partner of three years, but we had been living together for two and a half years already.

I've heard people say that being in a relationship for a long time can sometimes lose its spark. I've heard other people say that your sex life takes a slow and negative turn, and the intimacy is just not the same as when the flame was first lit.

Does anyone have any advice or any thoughts on this? Feel free to share your experiences too.

Be well,
    Robyn

2. EastCoastGrl

My wife & I have been together for 12 years.

Relationships do change. They actually evolve. What is fiery in the beginning, grows into a deep and meaningful love which is unmatched by any other.

As the years go on, sex will change. Life happens and it effects your sex life and your relationship. What has worked for us is, we are both very committed to our marriage, our relationship and our sex life. This means as the years to on, it requires more effort.

We never put anyone or anything above our marriage. We communicate. We argue and get everything out and resolve it. We never let too much time go by without having sex. Sometimes we schedule sex, if that's what it takes.

Never stop bringing her flowers. Never stop dancing with her and make love to her always.

We are 12 years in and we had sex yesterday and when I tasted her, I felt that sweet ache only she gives me.

Relationships take work, but they are so worth it. When it's right, there is nothing better.