1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think my straight best friend is flirting w/ me?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by classical, Aug 8, 2015.

1. classical

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi, this is my first post here. I'm hoping this is a safe place and I can get some advice! This is kind of long, you've been warned lol
    Okay so a month or so ago I told my best friend (she's straight) that I'm bisexual. I've had a crush on her for a while, but she doesn't know that. Well after I came out, she asked me if I would ever kiss her. I was shocked at that but then kind of annoyed since she's made it clear she is very straight. I laughed it off and joked around by saying "Do you want me to?"
    She said no, but she was being more serious than I thought a friend would be in that situation, if that makes sense.
    I've never really given her any indication that I like her. We are both really touchy people and like to joke around with each other, but nothing too sexual and definitely nothing serious.
    Well today we were texting and I've been busy so we haven't seen each other in a while. We were talking about how we miss each other and she said that she wanted to start dating. Out of nowhere, she said "I wish I could visit you because then we could just go on dates." And then she said she wanted to cuddle and stay up all night talking. By then, I was pretty confused. Then she started talking about boys and it came off like she was trying to make me jealous... I made it obvious I didn't care. She's straight, why would I waste my time?
    I'm not really interested in dating at the moment so I said something like "I want to have fun but I don't like people haha. I'm a really terrible bisexual"
    She responded "I can fix that"
    But then she said we should go out and flirt with people!?
    Am I reading too much into this? Is she just a serial flirter? If she's just messing with me that's a really shitty thing to do. Or is she trying to tell me something? Every time after she says something that makes me question her sexuality, it seems like she covers it up by saying something super straight. :confused:
    Thanks in advance!

2. confusedbubble

Meet up with her and ask her what's happening, tell her that your confused by her signals towards you. You could maybe send her a message and tell her you like her. I sounds like she's questioning her sexuality and may still use the talk of men to try deflect people from knowing.

I had a crush on a friend she was deep in the closet and said loads of times she was straight and only liked men, that put me off because every time I tried to have a conversation with her about how I felt she would change the conversion but she would still flirt.
    You need to speak to her and tell her that what she's doing by flirting with you is upsetting you she might not realise she's doing it