1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big Problem

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Gamer4now, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Gamer4now

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My dad has just told me hes divorcing my step-mom. As much as i think good for you, glad you're happy its just that my step-sister is the only one relative to my age, me being thirteen her being 15 and the rest of my siblings 17+. I know my step-mom made my dad miserable and today at lunch he told me that before we went to see a movie. I feel like i'll never see my step-sister again. I don't understand why my life has gone so south, I've always used manners, got good grades, and helped around the house. It's like I ruined everything because she would always put up a fuss when i would come over and i cant help but feel bad. Then there's my moms marriage where i'm the one ruining it because i don't like her husband and always put her in the middle of our arguments. I don't understand what i did or did not do to deserve this. I was already in a depression now its even worse. :tears::bang::icon_sad:

2. radiocat

Hello, I don't know if this would help but remember that none of this is your fault, life is just what it is i have divorced parents too, and if you want to keep in touch with your step sister then do it, don't feel the necessity of cutting the relationship with her, keep strong you're not alone. Depression is something you have to be careful about

3. jalpseon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It really is out of control, like radiocat mentioned. You just need to realize that your parents are two grown adults and consenting individuals, they're going to do what they believe is more healthy for their own disposition.

Accept the fact that changes are going to happen in your life and learn to adapt to them. They will make you a better person and it will help you focus on your objective. You, your step sister and parents can all make meeting arrangements down the line if your ties with her are really that strong. We live in the era of the Internet. It's almost impossible not to be connected if you really want to be.

At some point, you can all rendezvous again. But also realize, that it may take time and lifestyle stabilization to meet. But if she means something to you, always believe you'll see her again. Don't let your familial problems burden or guilt you though.