1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I have some shallowness or superficiality?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Closet Shut, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Closet Shut

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've never seriously dated or anything, but I've checked out a few profiles on sites.. & have had conversations with people, I can't say for certain that I know what I'm looking for in a person, it fluctuates; I'm rarely instantly turned on by someone, if we're just going by the physical; but I value compassion, kindness.. & a good sense of humor; I usually look for inner qualities rather than exterior. But I'd be lying if I said that I'm not initially drawn by outward appearance, or even some sexual attraction & that's where my question is headed. I worry about superficiality, I don't think I'am & I can't say I'm the best looking person out there, but I've noticed that I get sorta turned off a bit, by little things.. In terms of the physical appearance, like the size of a gap in someone's tooth, or body proportion, depends on what it is.. I try to be a good sport & look past those things, & look more at the personality, & tell myself that if I get to know them on a deeper level, I'll forget all about that. So is it superficial if I end up liking someone's personality, but end up not liking some physical features.

2. CheekyStoat

Unfortunately physical attraction is important. Personally, so long as you're not being a douche (which it doesn't sound like you are at all) then its only natural that you feel the way you do. ^^

3. flitterpad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Feeling attracted to someone's physical appearance is completely natural, don't worry, and its great that you're also trying to see how they are as a person too. It doesn't make you shallow!