1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don't know what to do

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Biguy10, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Biguy10

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello, so this is my first post here.
    I'm a 21 years old bi guy. I have a one year and a half relationship with a beautiful girl, who I love, or a least is what I feel most of the time. She knows I'm bi, I told her since our first month of relationship and, even if it was hard for her at the beggining, we have worked things out. So, here is the deal, I feel that my love for her is not that strong anymore, I'ts just that she is so demanding and spoiled, and sometimes has no consideration about how I feel... just a month ago, a very close relative of mine passed away, and just like two days after that she started fighting because she "expected things from her boyfriend" that I wouldnt give to her because I was sooooo focused on my grive, can you believe that? (she ment things like going out to eat, helping her with homework, or just giving all my atention to her). This has been like this for the past year and a half and I feel I´m reaching my breaking point. We've had so many fights because of things like this it's ridiculous.

To top it all, a couple of months ago, I met this guy, I´ll just say he is absolutly my type, he is just perfect. I started joking with her about how much I liked this guy (we joke like that sometimes), and she tells me that she would kill me if I do something with someone else or even if I flirt or something with either a guy or a girl. But the truth is, there has been some flirting, and I have loved it, to the point where I think all day about him and get a little anoyed when it´s her who texts me.

So, I think I want to just break up with her, but she loves me a lot and to be honest, she is kind of unstable and will suffer A LOT if I do it, I just know I will crush her with a break up. I don't want her to suffer, I wished there was an easier way to do it. I just want to be single, to rest from this relationship, to try something with this guy or whatever, just want to get some rest. But I don't know what to do...or how to do it.

2. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Things probably aren't going to get better with her. It would be better to do it now than to stay in a relationship where you're not happy. Unfortunately, break-ups are rarely easy. Perhaps you could say something like "I want to focus on my studies/work/myself for a while."

3. Sek

Sek

Before making it final I think you should talk it over with her. Express to her how she has made you feel lately and that you feel like you might be slipping away. This conversation could help clear the air and make you remember why you got together in the first place. In the event of it turning sour, at least you can say you tried. The aim is to avoid regretting your decision down the line by wondering what might have happened if you stayed together, or you regret leaving her. What ever you choose to do, make sure you do what's right for you.