1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Want to show pride, but too scared.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by YinYang, Aug 10, 2015.

1. YinYang

I recently came out to my parents... AGAIN. First, I came out as bi, then pan, and now panromantic asexual. I'm still not 100% sure about my sexuality, but I decided to stick with panro-ace and see what happens. I want to show pride in my sexuality (wear a black ring, buy asexuality pride t-shirts, etc.), but I'm scared of what my parents would say. I already told them that I'm still not 100% sure, but every time I came out, they both thought it was a phase and that I'd grow out of it. I know it sounds stupid, but I feel like they would think I'm rushing into the label too quickly. :help:

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What your parents think is not in your control. Obviously, it would appear less like a phase if you showed those outward signs, but only you know yourself and your feelings. Try to make your decisions based on those factors rather than your parents.