1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Curious Confusion

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by CuriousAndy, Aug 10, 2015.

1. CuriousAndy

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Hi - it's 4am and I've trawled the Internet and found this forum and not really sure what to expect I figure I best just share my story and see...

I would identify as a straight male but reckon I've had bi-curious tendencies for a long time that I've suppressed and have even resulted in me being quite homophobic.

I've been married 11 years and have two step children and two of my own.

In the last 18 months I've had an affair with a younger woman I think in part due to me feeling like I was getting older and I wanted to feel "young" but also because she was bi-curious and married herself but suppressing her inner feelings.

We became each others "safe space" to talk about things and not feel judged and one thing led to another. We wanted to support each other within a straight relationship but allowing within that for both to explore our curiosities.

The affair has now ended and I've confessed all to my wife and we are seeking to reconcile. I think we can work past the betrayal and rebuild trust but I'm worried that she feels not enough for me as despite being supportive she has no interest in these areas herself - I'm concerned as well because if this isn't dealt with it may resurface later and I do truly love my wife - I'm just very confused...

I don't want to hurt anyone anymore but I want to be happy myself too...

Does any of that make any sense to anyone?

#1 CuriousAndy, Aug 10, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
  2. AKTodd

Hi there, Welcome to EC:slight_smile:

I would suggest either reposting this to the LGBT Later in Life section or asking a moderator to move it there.

There are a number of people here who are coming to terms with their sexuality later in life, and often from a position of having spouses and children and years of building a life in that mode. While everyone is welcome everywhere in EC, the Later in Life section will have a concentration of folks who are more likely to relate to your situation and be in a position to both see your post more quickly and offer advice and support from several perspectives.

Hope this helps,

Todd:smilewave