1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

suicidal help

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Jeffreycominout, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Jeffreycominout

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi my name is Jeffrey. I'm bisexual. I came out to friends & family today. My friends "I don't want to be friends with a faggot. Don't talk to me or hangout with me anymore" My family "what is wrong with you?! Your so weird; you have serious issues!" After that I fell into depression, & saw suicide as a last resort. I'm looking for any people on ec who can help me like, advisors.

2. WhoAm I

If your friends don't accept you for who you are, they aren't true friends. Find other people who are like you or join an LGBT club. They will be able to help you too. Maybe talk to a counselor to see if you can get your parents to co-operate. You are not alone. Sadly, even though it is the 21st century, there are still homophobic and biphobic people. They just need to be shown that being attracted to the same sex is not a bad thing. There is nothing wrong with you at all, it's them that have an issue.

3. Open Arms

Open Arms Guest

I'm so sorry you were rejected by your friends and misunderstood by family. It hurts! Don't let their opinions of you destroy you. Are those really the kind of friends you want? There are many people in this world who accept and understand gays. Coming here for support is a start. Stay strong and be true to yourself. No need to argue with ignorant people. You were strong to come out, and this strength will help you through this tough time.

4. aussielefty

So sorry you had to go thru that Jeffrey ... Its a brave new world when talking to people about your sexuality..

If your friends are like that after all this time in your life, as hard as it maybe, you might have to change friends..

Its harder with family, I"m yet to experience that will all of my family...
    So I am scared of that myself right now..
    If you don't have to live with them maybe stay away from them for a few days, let it cool off
    they might just come around and be ok with it..

ps if suicide is on your mind, please seek help.. I have, and although i haven't gone and done anything its still a long road ,even with help., ...one day at a time mate..

best of luck..

#4 aussielefty, Aug 12, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
  5. Jeffreycominout

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you very much everybody. I'm feeling a little better today :slight_smile:

6. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you feel isolated and cut off from your social network, finding a new supportive community can help. Are there resources at your school? Community centers for LGBT teens somewhere in the Tampa/St. Pete area?

7. AsiaJ33

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I lose friends, I think of it this way. You didn't LOSE anything. Because they weren't your friends. You just weeded out the people who don't deserve you. As for family, they will come around. I'm so sorry you have to deal with this, I know it's hard. But suicide is not the best option. After all, you have a bright future, and I'm sure there's someone who accepts you and if not, there will be eventually. If you need to talk, you can message my wall. I care. I really do. I hope it works out :slight_smile: please don't commit suicide.

8. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm sorry for everything that has happened to you. Everyone on this site is friendly and supportive of one another. Suicide is not the choice. Your friends are fake and you didn't deserve that.

9. Jeffreycominout

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Semicharmedlife, I'm unfortunately not aware if their are any LGBT communities in the area, at my school, etc. What should I do?

---------- Post added 12th Aug 2015 at 01:38 PM ----------

bookreader, I think the problem for me when befriending others, is that I'm too naive & trusting of them. Do you think this is a bad thing? I just want friends, I guess, not really looking for signs if that person may be untrustworthy, or whatever. Any advice/help on this book reader?

10. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just googled "Tampa LGBT Youth Group" and a bunch of stuff came up. That would be for the general area. To find out what's at your school, you might check on Facebook. See if there are any openly LGBT students, and check on their profiles to see if they like any LGBT pages or belong to any groups. If your school has a counselor, they might be able to steer you in the right direction as well. Although, if you go to a religious school, that might not be the best idea since some religious schools aren't very LGBT friendly.

Hope this helps

11. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't think that's a bad thing, I think you should just keep personal stuff to yourself and not tell anyone if they give off a bad vibe.

12. idkidk

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey Jeffrey,

I'm sorry to hear what happened, their reaction to you was very unfortunate. Remember, you're being very brave by being your true self and those who truly value you will appreciate that.

---------- Post added 14th Aug 2015 at 09:58 AM ----------

Google pride centers in your local area, something may come up.

13. Aviator182

i am sorry that they had that reaction. It's definitely tough when the people that are close to you do not accept or understand you. You're going to find new better friends that appreciate you for you. You're brave for telling people about that part of your life. Family is difficult, but eventually they will accept you. It a small part of you and they'll figure out that you're the same person you've always been. Please never hurt your self. In the long run it's not worth it. There is nothing in life that you can not work through. If you're feeling down please reach out to someone :slight_smile:

14. cate1515

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Jeffrey please don't commit suicide. I promise you there is always a way. My brother committed suicide when I was 18. There is nothing wrong with you. I am struggling with coming out as a lesbian after being married to a man for 8 years and having a 7 year old son, my girlfriend has been married 12 years and has 2 kids. We are struggling too. a lot of us are. But we are here for each other. That is not the answer. I am here for you, as are several other people here. Please reach out to us and other support services and don't end your life. things will look up we all promise even tho they are hard right now.

15. Moonflower

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Please do not kill yourself. Whether or not you're ready to go to any kind of in person LGBT group, you are in a safe community here-and many people here share your experiences. Know that you are not alone.
    Lose these so called "friends." Even if you were straight, would you want to be around people who exhibit this level of ignorance and bigotry? Surround yourself with kind and loving people.
    As for the people in life we don't get to choose, hopefully your family will come around. But it is they who need to work on themselves. Remember this: It is not you who is unworthy of them, it is they who are unworthy of you.
    I know it's a lot to process right now, but it's true. Hang in there and don't give up.