1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm All She Has

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Jordash, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Jordash

Hey guys. I haven't been on here in a while, but its great to be back. And I really could use some opinions on a situation I'm having with my current girlfriend. Let's call her K.

Alright so K and I have been dating for over a year now, and I am definitely in love with her. She is a sweet girl and she would literally die for me. She is devoted and caring.
    However, she has no friends. No friends whatsoever. She doesn't hang out with anyone but me.
    I love hanging out with my friends, and everyone is heading off to their own colleges soon so we have been hanging out a lot more lately.
    K and I are attending the same school in the fall and will even be dorming together.
    I'm just a little concerned about her having no friends. Its not just that she doesn't have friends now, its that she doesn't want them. I've known she doesn't care for people, but now, after I told her something about loving my friend who just left for college, she says that friend love makes her sick and she is repulsed by it. :/
    I'm scared I won't be able to make friends or have a good time in college if she is going to behave this way. Is that bad? Maybe I should be more concerned with her than myself? I'm really unsure of my feelings about the whole thing. Frankly, I just wish she would open up to someone besides me. I love being there for her, but its a bit draining to be the only person in her life. If we're not together, we're texting or calling. And that just doesn't let me fully enjoy things like I used to.
    I don't want to break up with her, but I would love if she would let someone else it, you know?

Sorry if this was a bit of a jumbled mess. :frowning2:
    I could just use some feedback. Thanks in advance guys.
    I'll answer any questions if you have any. :slight_smile:

2. ph0enix

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was in a relationship just like this for two and a half years and just recently got out of it. What ended up happening to me was that I felt selfish for wanting to have my own friends and ended up almost totally isolating myself from everyone I cared about other than him. It was a complete drain to be his only support, and it wasn't a healthy relationship at all.

This is not to say that your relationship will end up like mine, but it is something to think about. I think you need to sit her down and have a chat about this and let her know that having other friends is something that's important to you. Some people really do need that interaction with someone other than a significant other, and that's totally okay. It's just something she needs to accept.