1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apathy

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Florestan, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Florestan

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ever since graduation, I've felt exhausted. My last year at college drained away all my energy, and now I just don't feel like doing anything important anymore. I need to look for a job, apply to grad school, write an email to someone, and generally get my life sorted out. But I don't want to. I'm slowly writing a story, and just got back to writing music, but I don't spend much time on either.

I want to make something out of my life, but I just don't have the drive anymore.

2. Gen

Gen

It could be an actual matter of energy. When we don't have a routine, it can be difficult to maintain health habits. First, I would suggest forcing yourself to wake up earlier, shower, and eat breakfast. Start listening to music when getting ready in the morning if you do not already. If you are capable of settling into a morning work out routine then try to keep up with one.

Get into a pattern. It is easy to be overwhelmed with having a lot on your plate when you haven't decided how you plan to dedicate your time to each. Job searching, applications, and emails are all business oriented so lump those together. Writing and creative work uses the same areas of the brain so we can focus on those on the same day. Rotate between dedicating your time to each of those areas every other day. You will have days where you don't feel that you have done much, but knowing that you have another designated day coming up will motivate you to try harder.

Keep tabs open! I always keep my Word documents open on days that I hope to write so that I am consistently remind of it. Keep your applications open. Keep your business tabs open. They will ensure that you keep those responsibilities in the back of your mind.