1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Life without a relationship so far.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by hiimpaul2014, Aug 13, 2015.

1. hiimpaul2014

Has anyone out there not had a full blown crush until way later than their peers. Everyone seems to understand their crushes and things and it took me a few more years than most and its cause me to overthink things. Has anyone else had this situation happen to them. Their sexual/romantic desires didn't arrive until way later...?

2. idkidk

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm not sure that my sexual/romantic desires didn't happen until later, so much as I wasn't in a place where I was ready to venture into that type of relationship. I do agree that it has taken me longer than most to get a grasp on who I am sexually. I'm 28.

3. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's me! I think I had so called "crushes" on guys in the past, but I didn't realize that they were classified as crushes. I'd look at a guy sexually but as soon as a conversation started I wouldn't feel the same about them. After I've acknowledged my attractions to guys, I guess you could say I started having feelings for those guys I was sexually attracted to but only if I knew they were attracted to guys. I've never had feelings for guys that were straight, which is odd. I guess at a subconscious level I knew things wouldn't work so I don't really have feelings for them.

#3 Jax12, Aug 15, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
  4. zgirl81

Yes!

It wasn't until college that I really realized what everyone else meant when they talked about "that fuzzy feeling".

I also was the most oblivious person in my group of friends when they were trying to flirt with people... there was a chunk of time where my roommate was trying to flirt with a friend of mine and I didn't know it until a month later when she asked me to stop accepting when he invited me to go on walks with them. :slight_smile: Turned out he was using me as a shield to keep her from getting too close. Lol!