1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't feel good enough for him?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by grungeteen, Aug 13, 2015.

1. grungeteen

I just got into my first ever relationship with someone and I'm really having trouble. It was such a shock to me to hear he liked me too because no boy I liked had ever like me back. I don't feel like I'm good enough for him and im struggling to see what he sees in me and I feel really pressured because I want to stay good enough for him and im worried that he will suddenly change his mind and realize im ugly and boring. He is so amazing and in dontfeelas if im amazing enough for him. Help?

2. mangotree

You're certainly not alone in feeling this way.
    Whenever someone tells me I'm attractive - instead of saying "thanks", I say "why?".

I guess one of the most detrimental things you can do is to try to change yourself to be "better" for him. As cliche as it sounds, the only times that self improvement lasts is when you're doing it for you/yourself and no one else.
    Also, being the self-proclaimed inferior half of the relationship will only push him away eventually as well.

It sounds like he likes you for you at the moment, just as you are. Try to go with the flow a little bit - especially at this (seemingly) early stage.
    If you can somehow bring yourself to see yourselves as equals - then there is some hope for the relationship.