1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need tips for the second date. Best place to go, Dos and Don'ts?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by StartANewLifE, Aug 14, 2015.

1. StartANewLifE

A little background:

I met this guy about a month ago and last, last Sunday (August 2) despite our busy schedule, we went out on a date. Our first date. It went well and we were comfortable with each other. He's a bit out-going and am the reserved one. The thing is we don't talk and text too much which is totally fine with me cause we'll have a lot to talk about when we meet.

Now:

The next day, I asked him for a date the following Sunday (August 9) but he refused since he'll have a meeting that time. (He's already working and I'm still a student.) So we moved it this coming Sunday (16th). We didn't talk for more than a week (It kills me IK) but just this day, he asked if I'll be available to go out this 16th, and I said yes.

Questions:

What's the best place to go for a second date?

What are the things I should do? Don't?

Is it alright to hold hands this time?

Is it safe to ask for a third time?

So far as our first date went...
    - I told him that he's the second guy that I asked out. And he told he has been on three relationships before. Just that. We did a great job of not mentioning anything more about our past relationships.
    - We both deactivated our accounts on the app were we met.

I really like this guy and I want to get past second date. I don't however want to rush it, I still want to get to know him more.

2. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Honestly, a second date is very much like a first date. :slight_smile: The same places that are appropriate for a first date would be good here: cafe/restaurant/walk - the movies, although you won't be able to talk during the movie so most people avoid that. Go somewhere you can chat and get to know each other better. If you haven't been texting, there's still probably a lot you don't know about him.

As for do's and don'ts - Meet in a public place if you're still getting to know each other, and don't do anything that you're not comfortable with.

It's fine to hold hands, even hug or kiss, but you might want to judge the situation as it comes :slight_smile: it may take a little while until you're both comfortable enough to do that. That's perfectly normal.

If everything goes well it's perfectly okay to ask when you're going to see each other next - it's a sign that things have gone well. :slight_smile: He might be left guessing otherwise!

3. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Spartan is right across the board. I will throw out as a concrete suggestion--bowling! Especially if you're really bad at it. There's something to do if the conversation lags, but it doesn't require so much attention that it gets in the way of conversation. If you're really bad at it but handle that graciously it lends itself to laughter. If you have a good frame, and if you're really bad that may amount to just hitting some pins, there's occasion for congratulations--even straight guys occasionally hug and touch when someone bowls a good frame. Just a suggestion, but the general framework holds: something to do that doesn't get in the way of conversation but that you can also talk about and preferably something that may lend itself to spontaneous emotional outburst. It worked for me...