1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does he just wanna hook up, or does he have feelings?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Dillno21234, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Dillno21234

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Okay, so I've been messaging this guy for the past few days now. We met on a dating app. He usually initiates the conversations, but our conversations are so confusing. The first conversation was the worst. He asked me how I was, and then never responded. Then the next day, he initiated again, but after a few questions about myself, disappeared once again. The next day, he messages me implying he wants to hook up. I'm not really about that life, so I told him I couldn't. So a day goes by, and this time, I ask if he wants to hang out with me. I got no response, until many hours later with him apologizing for not getting back to me. After this, he seems like he wants to get to know me. We have a really good conversation, so I decide not to count him out yet. The next day, he initiates, and we have the best conversation yet. He was definitely amused by me, and we talked for a while. We found out more about each other on top of it. So after that, we have one more conversation, and then nothing. It's been about two days since I've heard from him. I guess what I don't understand is how we can go from having great chemistry, back to the same old disappearing act. I mean wanting to hook up is one thing, but don't get to know me and make me like you if you have no interest. Do you have any opinions on what he's thinking? Is hooking up all he wants or does he maybe have an interest in me? Is that why we disappears after we talk? Thanks!

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's hard to say what he's thinking, for obvious reasons, but one thing that does stand out here is that it seems as if he's being a little more consistent than it might appear - that is, he's being consistently inconsistent. If that makes any sense.

So, if you need someone with whom you can have deep conversations with every night, then he may simply not be your guy right now.

But, if you're comfortable talking here and there, whenever you're both able, but also having some time off in between, then let it be what it is for now, and see where it goes.

The only suggestion I might make beyond that is that slower starts sometimes lead to longer runs. Not always, of course, but the sudden "click" of liking a person instantly and wanting to be around them all the time can, in a lot of ways, be more about you than about them (and the same is true from their end).

3. Closet Shut

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've actually been in a similar situation quite a few times, I was also on a hookup app.. & went through this with quite a few people; I guess I shouldn't really care since I was just browsing, & not seriously looking for anything, I was more a curious visitor to the site. But yeah I've had conversations with people & a few would initiate & then nothing, even when I started some of them, they appeared engaged.. then like that, nothing, I do think it is easier though, if people are just honest up front & not respond at all. & sadly I'm guilty of doing this to people a few times myself, I dunno it's a pattern on some of these apps, or sites.. & unfortunately I've yet to understand it myself, it's probably best to just move on from it, or distance yourself from the app, this option is better, I don't think most people on those things are serious, or properly receptive.