1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need your help. I feel so lost and sad....

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Estrellas, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Estrellas

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello everyone. Thanks for reading. I'm 27. I just started a brand new job and yesterday was my last day of training and I was so happy and excited because I moved to another place to start a new life but now I don't even want to go back there.
    We were 28 people taking the same training and everything was cool until someone said something funny and I apparently made an effeminate gesture with my hands and the trainer saw me and then told the crowd how I made that gesture and everyone was laughing at me. It was so fucking embarrassing becase she did it with bad intentions, if you know what I mean. I didn't say anything. They would say that it was just a joke and I am exaggerating.
    They have a Whatsapp group and I just wanna leave it. I just wanna live at peace. I do not left my hometown to get this shit. I had enough in highsccol.
    I do need the job but i don't want to talk with anyone. Don't wanna be their freakin clown. I'm a nice guy all I have done during this training time is being friendly and funny. Right now I don't know how to act anymore.
    I do no try to ''act'' like a woman, in fact I can ''pass for straight'' 90 % of the time but sometimes shit happens.
    The worst part is that there are 3 guys openly gay in this project and they are the first ones making fun of everyone. They are not friendly at all but no one makes fun of them.
    What would you do?
    I want to leave their whatsapp group and at lunch time go to sit alone and just be focused on doing my stuff right. I just want to be at PEACE.

#1 Estrellas, Aug 15, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
  2. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just do what makes you feel best, if that's ignoring them then do so. Hopefully it was just a bad joke on their part and they will apologize the second they find out they've hurt your feelings. Good luck :slight_smile:

3. mangotree

I agree with Linning.
    Don't know how long out of high school you are, but in the workforce - when you're not doing actual work - you can spend your time doing whatever you want. Also, bullying is generally more frowned upon in workplaces.
    There's probably a fair chance that the people who were laughing at you will forget all about the feminine incident pretty quickly if you don't make a big deal out of it.

As for whatsapp, do you use the app at times other than to communicate with work colleagues? If not, perhaps just turn off notifications for a little while.