1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't feel like my father really loves me

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by BrokenRecord, Aug 15, 2015.

1. BrokenRecord

BrokenRecord Guest

It feels like my father can't stand me. He never likes when I do anything to him, even things that others tend to like, and he doesn't seem to even like it when I try to just talk to him or try to make him laugh all that much. All I ever see him do in his spare time is sit around viewing Facebook on his phone and nothing else. It's very hard to get him to do things with me nowadays, or just try to get him to relate to me. All I want is to show him and tell him that I love him, but he makes it so hard. It feels as if I have a much better time relating to my plush doll than with him. I'm told that he cares the world for me, yet I almost never see it from him. It's gotten to the point that the only good way to get his attention is to bug the shit out of him, but then that doesn't really work, as it drives him away. I honestly don't know what to do to make him show that he loves me like I'm told he does. The only positive I can think to say about him is that at least he doesn't outright say he hates me or even beat me, but the resentment is still felt through his actions. I feel so sad... :cry:

2. Gamer4now

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm assuming this is about being bisexual or if some other issue i have no idea. Anyways some parents are stuck in their own depression imagining a perfect son and grandchildren maybe, i don't know to how to get him to talk to you since he seems to push you away every move you make. I only hope for you to not dwell on this too much which seems like a hard thing to do but try to be happy. I really don't know what to say other than i'm here for you and so is everyone on EC.(*hug*)

3. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    there could be a zillion reasons why he seems that way
    and not all to do with you
    maybe he has problems on his mind
    or is a bit depressed himself
    or he is just a bit rigid/ uncommunicative
    does he have brothers or sisters who are also not communicative?