1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to figure this girl thing out (and failing)

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Crema, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Crema

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi everyone,

as i said in my presentation post, i've only recently realized and begun to accept my bisexuality. Everything was triggered by a huge crush i (still) have on a girl i worked with for two weeks. On the last day of working together we went to the beach just the two of us and she told me she was gay (i suspected it, but didn't allow myself to believe it) and we've been texting/talking/seeing each other when we can ever since.

Nothing physical ever happened between us but there's definitely a great energy, and we care about each other. I went to see her in the city she lives in (about 1.5hrs away) and she came to visit me after a couple of weeks. She had a girlfriend, and when she came to see me she told me she had broken up with her. They are still broken up.

Problem is, i feel all i'm reading from her are mixed signals. And i think it's because i'm such a noob since i've only dated boys - who in my experience are much more straightforward.
    One moment i feel like she's clearly friend-zoning me, the next one i think she's giving me hints (like soft strokes to my arm). She texts me things like "it's true that when a door closes another one opens, you arrived into my life at the right time and i'm sure you'll come back at the right time", and then she calls me "friend" (is friend a 'dirty word' in the lesbian world like it is in the straight one? you know, the "he sees me like a friend" conundrum, is that a thing?)

I'm already dealing with processing all these new feelings for a girl, i can't imagine making a move on someone whose feelings i'm really not sure of. And i just feel soooo stupid, at 29 years of age!
    Am i imagining things? i really need some guidance here :eusa_doh:

#1 Crema, Aug 16, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2015
  2. timelord22

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I can feel you there! I did not really know that I was bi either until my best Friend (who is straight, wohoo )made me realize it...I am still in love with her, this stupid heartbreak phase has been going on since a year now._.
    But I guess every lgbt+ person falls for a straight person once unfortunately haha

I feel like everything is so hard to figure out with girls anyway because they are so touchy and close together all the time! When a boy is touchy with you you know what's going on , but with and girl its always a task to figure it out

3. Crema

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    i know it's really tricky and extra frustrating. The fact that we live very far away from each other doesn't help.

i'm sending her a birthday gift tomorrow (her bday is on the 20th) which i've been putting together for the past two weeks, and i think clearly states that i care about her more than just a friend, and i've been wondering whether it's a mistake or not to even send it at all. I'm so not used to doing tese things - especially for a girl! - and yet the thought of taking care of her makes me all warm and fuzzy inside :icon_redf

#3 Crema, Aug 16, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2015
  4. mc09

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Us girls are a tricky species!

Don't feel stupid, your age has nothing to do with it. You're already dealing with so much. First, you're still processing your attraction towards women and second, that you have feelings for a certain girl. Trust me, if I was in your place I would be falling apart as I'm still processing this whole situation of being bisexual (I couldn't even type the word bisexual without my hands shaking, is that bad?).

I guess the only advice I can give you is to take it day by day (as I'm trying to do). And definitely send that gift because like that saying goes you'll regret the things you didn't do (I think that's how it goes).

Anyways, I hope I helped you out in someway even if my advice was sucky.

5. timelord22

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah sometimes I hate being bisexuall but it's just because I love my straight best friend so much and I don't want that anymore because it brings me nothing but pain so I don't really like accepting my bisexuality because I connect those negative heartbreak feelings with it :$
    But it has definitely already gotten better!

6. Crema

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Your advice wasn't sucky at all! Thanks for taking the time, I'm sending her the gift today and we'll see what happens. you're right, I would regret it if I didn't do it

7. timelord22

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hopefully everything turns out good for you two! :slight_smile:

8. Crema

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's very sweet of you to say! thank you!
    and... present is on its way!

9. mc09

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Oh yay! I'm happy that something I said helped out in some way. If you don't mind I would love to know whatever happens between you and this girl. Honestly, I hope it works out for you and she feels the same way!

10. ChazL

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hi there,
    I've just written a post that's rarely similar to this one. Questioning what I am at 25 because I've fallen for my best friend. I've been told to tell her but when I went to I chickened out. I'm worried I'll ruin what we have.
    I'm 25 and feel stupid because I'm only just realising that I'm not 100% straight. It's such a painful time and I feel like no one locally or that I'm friends with understands.
    I hope all works out for you!

11. Crema

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I will (*hug*) thanks for your words, right now i'm pretty sure what we have is just "the beginning of a beautiful friendship" but hey, she's a really cool person so even if it was just that i'm happy to have her in my life.

ChazL - it is a painful time, but don't feel stupid! why don't you start opening up with your friend about possibly being attracted to girls? you don't need to tell her that you like her, just strike up the conversation and see what happens. And good luck to you too!

12. mc09

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    That's great to hear! It's important to have someone like her in your life even if it's not romantically.

13. Crema

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm bumping this thread up cause I just got a text from her last night that left me 100% baffled. The text only said "❤️" and it came out of nowhere (it was a non sequitur, it wasn't a reply to a previous message) and she sent it at 4.40am her time.
    I immediately thought "she Sent it to the wrong person", sometimes it happens to me too, I write in the wrong chat box esp in iChat or whatsapp.
    I'm so scared that she might have just texted me by mistake, I wish I had the guts to ask her but obv I freaked out and didn't. I replied and I haven't heard from her yet.
    Ugh, girls. I whish I could just see her, I miss her a lot but she lives really far away :/

14. mc09

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Well, if she did mean to send you it at 4 in the morning then it has to be a good sign right? She was thinking of you so early in the morning(; I think what I just said mixed you up even more, sorry. I've just never been in your situation before. Like you said, "Ugh, girls"