1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

am i losing my friendship????

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by klymene, Aug 16, 2015.

1. klymene

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I know what am about to write here might sound childish, idiotic, foolish and all but its been eating me from inside. am 27, gay and haven't had many good friends in my life. All of it changed about a decade ago then i met my best friend. Everything seemed fine until we both kinda started living together . I have a few friends who used to come home or a few who just met him either at a party or at the super market. All of a sudden (at least i felt that way) everyone stopped chatting, talking or recognizing me.
    Recently i found out that all my ex friends are now really close and good friends of my best friend. Its been eating me from inside. I think of picking up this matter with him but then i feel it might make him also go away from me.
    I don't know what to do. It is getting troubling day by day. I am not able to concentrate. I have now started avoiding my best friend. When he asks me the reason to avoid i blame it all on work.Its been going on for almost a year now.
    Please advise me what should i do????

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Talk to your best friend. You could do so from the perspective of concern and asking if anything happened that preceded this big change. But I would also suggest coming at it from the perspective of being okay with the way things are now, and just wanting to get everything out in the open to prevent any awkwardness on your part or your best friend's part. Realistically, no response you get is going to make you feel better - you have to do that on your own.