1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this hopeless?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Andstillimhere7, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Andstillimhere7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So today I asked my crush out for lunch only for him to say no because he had things to do. I was pretty fine about that because 1. I actually attempted to ask him out 2. I felt a little unsure about today. Later during lunch I sat alone drinking coffee and went on facebook (big mistake) and saw a quote saying "If he loves you he'll make an effort, not an excuse," and that's when I started thinking that what if he doesn't have any interest in me and then started thinking about him. He never text me back, he never asked me out, he never showed any interest. I then started crying about how I feel worthless to him and I had to hide emotions. I feel like this is getting serious because 1. I cried at day (which never happens) and 2. I cried in public (no one saw me thank goodness) so that's when shit is getting serious.

Should I be doing this (as in keep pursuing him)? Should I move on? Am I determined or desperate? I really feel like I'm wimping out a lot because I'm scared of rejection and that he doesn't like me. But to get things clear here, I'm not sad because he rejected my offer to go to lunch, I'm sad because I feel like I'm the only one who contributes and that he isn't interested at all. I am so lost right now but I'm feeling better now. I just wanted this to get out. I'll ask him out again in a better time. Thank you for your time.

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, does he know that you're interested in him? Or does he just think you want to hang out? If he's not aware of why you're asking, then it might be a little premature to assume that he's not investing as much as you are - he might not realize there's any investing to do.

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    ^This. He's not a mindreader.