1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused about a guy

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by HunGuy, Aug 18, 2015.

1. HunGuy

HunGuy Guest

A few months ago I registered to a dating site, looked around, then completely forgot about it. I would have already deleted my profile if there had been such an option, but there wasn't, so I just ignored it.

Then about a month ago I got a notification in email that a guy contacted me on that site. Long story short, we have met twice so far, and I'm seriously confused about him. We both set "Looking for friends" as our goals on our profiles, so I was glad that he wasn't just looking for sex. Honestly, I didn't even look for anyone or anything actively, because I'm not ready for a lot of things, plus I have enough to worry about right now (work, sick family member etc.).

The thing is, he seems to be a nice guy so far, and he's not a loudmouth, but quite reserved. Even more so than me! And that's not something I encounter very often. That wouldn't be a problem in itself, but when we talk, it's more like I talk to myself, because he dosn't like to talk. And because of this, there are long, awkward silences in our conversations, in which he just stares at me, like he's expecting me to continue. It's not just a quick glance, but it's like he's checking me out or something...
    Since I'm not a sociable person (I'm an INTJ with a lot of psychological problems and also I don't have any experience in dating or anything like that), that makes me veeeeery uncomfortable, he even mentioned how nervous I was yesterday. I told him that I had expected him to say something every time he looked at me.

Then in the evening he wrote me an e-mail, apologizing for his constant staring and said that he doesn't know what I see in his company, and that he thinks I'm a lot more balanced than him.

The real problem - beside the communication problem - is that he's not a bright mind. He graduated from high school, then settled for a shitty machine-operator job, which would be understandable because of the current economical situation, but what bothers me is he's not quite intelligent. He gets by, but I really miss having deep and relaxed conversations I can have with my other friends. In addition, my gut tells me that he's interested in me in a sexual way, and it adds a lot to my nervousness.

What do you guys recommend in a situation ike this?

2. Lindsey23

If you can't relax around him I'd stop hanging out. It sounds like he bores you so don't waste your time if you don't think it will get better.