1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think she likes me

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Spacetime, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Spacetime

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had a crush on my best friend growing up. More accurately, I had a crush on a girl and, being 12, I had no idea how to deal with it. So I reached out and became friends with her. Nearly 8 years later, she's still my best friend. It's not like I've been desperately in love with her all these years. I love being friends with her and whatever romantic feelings I'd had for her as a tween diminished.

I never thought she might have more than friendly feelings for me. She still might not, but she says things that make me wonder. Out of the blue once she told me that if we weren't so close she'd date me in a minute (she's openly queer). She's told me, "you are my heart," and, "I don't know if I have much of a heart, but it's mostly you." She talks about what a good power couple we'll be, conquering the world together (she's a bit dramatic). She always jokes about running away together.

When she says things like that it makes me face the fact that I'm not totally over her. It's not like I'm unhappy being just friends with her, but I still have some feelings for her. And 19-year-old me is about as bad at dealing with them as 12-year-old me. When she says things like that, I react awkwardly. I immediately change the subject and I'm afraid I act a bit cold. I don't know how to react. Does she expect me to laugh it off? Would she be offended if I did?

2. Ameryllis

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you should just tell her honestly how you feel. ^^ If you just laugh it off, she may just think that you're not interested in her, and nothing will ever happen between you guys. Just be straightforward with her :3

3. confusedbubble

Have you told her you had feelings for her? Maybe just tell her you had feelings for her years ago and see what she says if you want to go for it go for it don't miss the opportunity like I've done in the past

4. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Since you've been friends for so long, chances are you will remain friends even if trying out romance doesn't pan out. So, just go ahead and say you would be open to going on a date. What do you have to lose?