1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I play harder to get?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Dillno21234, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Dillno21234

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Okay, so long story short, I have feelings for a guy that has experience, and has very little interest with guys that can't keep his attention. Him and I have great conversations, and I think we have a lot of chemistry. Except, he is a very difficult guy to read. We could be having a good conversation, and then he'll just disappear. Texting of course, for anybody wondering. Sometimes, time passes and he'll message me again, and other times an entire day goes by with nothing. I do sometimes initiate, but then I feel like I'm annoying. I just don't know what I should do because he does seem interested in me, I just feel like he wants me to reach out first. Should I give in and do that, or do you think he'd be more interested if I just waited for him to message me first? I guess what I'm asking is, should I play harder to get than he is?

2. Kellian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Sounds like he's playing hard to get from what I understand of dating/flirting. From what I've read of this post he's gay/bi? So maybe set up a movie 'date' with a few of your friends and his friends, then get to know him more read his body language.

Some body language I've read online are:
    1. His pupils are huge. Either you're in a super-dark place, or this subtle signal means he's into you. "Dilation is a brain response that occurs when you like and are attracted to something," Wood says.

2. His eyebrows are raised. People tend to use this subconscious expression to help open their eyes when they like what they see.

(I read this in a blog)
    3. He shows you his front teeth. Smiles.

6. He locks eyes with your face — not your eyes. People wouldn't look into peoples eyes when they are into them, it makes them flushed. So he'll have his eyes near your eyes but no on them.

I hope this helped good luck!

3. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you'll forgive me for saying so, this doesn't sound like a sterling character description. :slight_smile: Honestly, if you feel like you have to win his attention with an unnatural conversation, it may not be something that's going where, from the sound of it, you want it to go.

"Be yourself while dating" will sound like some cliched advice, but there's a lot of truth to it. Would you want to keep up the act for the whole relationship, after all? If a natural conversation, where you say hi when you feel like you want to say hi, isn't cutting it, then it may be best to look elsewhere.

4. Gen

Gen

Absolutely not. Be direct with him. Life is far too short to play games with potential partners or wait around for them to decide that they are interested in something more specific. You don't have to sit down and have some serious discussion, but ask him whether he is looking for anything serious at the moment or looking to stay single/open. Ask him if he is interested in spending some more time together.

Being direct with people can be nerve-racking in the beginning, but remind yourself that you are attempting to see if this is someone that you could start a relationship with. Possibly even a future. Direct and honest communication has to factor into this at some point. Value your time more than anything. If he is only looking for someone to have cute conversations with when he is bored, then that is time best spent elsewhere on your end.

Good luck!