1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Led on

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ZestyLion, Aug 20, 2015.

1. ZestyLion

So I've been struggling with self image for quite a while now, and just the other day somebody I met told me that he likes me. I was hesitant to reveal my feelings for them right away because I didn't want to come off too strong. We were having a seemingly great time, and earlier today I said that I was falling more and more in love as I continued to talk to them. After an awkward few minutes, they told me they don't feel the same way any more, and they were saying that they felt so bad because they led me on.

I knew it was too good to be true. At the very beginning, I was saying how I couldn't believe he liked me. I have always hated my body every time I looked in the mirror. After this experience, I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever find someone who truly loves me.

Has anybody had a similar experience? If so, how did you deal with it? What keeps you motivated? I felt like I was having the best few days of my life, and it instantly dropped down to where I was before. I don't think I can ever find love. :help:

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It sounds like the longstanding issue here is less that this guy decided he wasn't interested anymore, and more that you've been feeling down about yourself for a while. The attention gave a brief reprieve, but now you're back at square one - which feels worse because you got to not think about it for a while.

Maybe the key is to get to a place where you feel better about yourself to begin with. Can you talk a bit more about why you feel badly about your body? What do you see when you look in the mirror?

3. Phioo

Phioo Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Lol you're only 15... Of course you'll find someone that will like you.

4. ZestyLion

Any time I look in the mirror, I see an ugly mess. I always see the negative features of myself and have difficulties finding anything good. I see a fat person. I see a ten year old kid. I see a miserable being. I don't know where this stems from, but I have difficulties accepting my body for how it is.

5. mangotree

Please know that you're not alone in any of these experiences. The self image and the unreciprocated infatuation.

6. Incredibull

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have broad shoulders, big arms, abs and a great butt. But, when I look in the mirror I see all my flaws to the point where I don't get why my boyfriend likes me. I'll never admit it to him but I just don't see what he's attracted too. Body image issues are very common but personality shines the brightest. Be yourself, that is what someone will love, not just your body. If you wanna keep working on your flaws do it, but enjoy it. Don't let those "flaws" own you though. Just be healthy, happy and yourself :slight_smile: Some lucky person will love those flaws. My boyfriend hates being small and skinny but it turns me on haha.