1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you know when to move on from a crush?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ModernCat, Aug 21, 2015.

1. ModernCat

ModernCat Guest

When should one move on from a crush, other than the reasons for them being straight (or aromantic) or liking someone else?

If any?

2. Lyana

If it's getting unhealthy.

I've never actively tried to get over a crush, because my crushes are sweet and enjoyable. Even when I do end up thinking about them a lot, I still always have a life outside of them. The thought of not being with them doesn't make me miserable, even if I would prefer to be romantically involved with them.
    I carried a torch for my best friend in high school for 3 years, even though his orientation didn't include girls, and we had a pretty awesome friendship that I refused to let my unreciprocrated affection ruin.

But if you're unhealthily obsessed with someone... if seeing them is torture... if the crush is causing you more hurt than anything else... if you're missing out on some seriously good opportunities in life because of them... That, in my opinion, is when you should move on. Unfortunately, it's also when it feels like you can't move on.

3. ModernCat

ModernCat Guest

Never went that wrong when it came to crushes. The thing with my current crush is that she avoids people. Have no idea what's going on in her head. Today she called me a loner when she's a loner herself.:dry:

4. Phioo

Phioo Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Tey talking to her.
    When you get to know your crush better you realize they're not actually that cool and then you stop caring about them.

I think.

5. Werbinich

Normally I'd give up a crush if I realize my perusing him is futile. Mostly, I may try to fantasize and convince myself that there's a possibility. But when I am rebuffed a few times, I'd take a step back and try my best to find someone else to develop a crush on, one with a higher chance of success.

Best wishes and good luck!
    Werbinich

6. Ameryllis

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I typically give up on a crush if they're in a relationship, if they're obviously not interested, or if I am obsessing over them TOO much. With my current crush, I actually had to force myself to stop thinking about her because it was actually affecting my grades...>.<