1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't think I can take it anymore...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by polyglot, Aug 21, 2015.

1. polyglot

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I've been in a relationship for almost two years. For this girl, I almost literally moved mountains! I flew 600km frequently to be with her (we met online and lived in opposite parts of the country) and eventually moved into her hometown so we could be together. We've been living together for about a year now and I seriously can't take it anymore. She's changed into someone I don't know, constantly mad at me for something as stupid as my going to sleep before her. Today, I think I hit my maximum patience. I just wanted to tell her to f*ck off, leave me alone and even began looking for some place else to live for the next two months (I'm going back to University, so we would/will be apart once again in November).

Is this common? Or am I going mad? :bang:

2. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm so sorry. Getting angry about you going to sleep before her is ridiculous and sounds like she might be controlling. That is neither normal nor acceptable in a healthy relationship. If you don't want to end it, I'd suggest talking to her. Explain how she's making you feel. You can still move out if you think the separation might help. If she doesn't change, then it's probably time to leave. You deserve better.

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You tried your best, and I really think your girlfriend has other issues to deal with that are affecting how she treats you (however, everyone deserves respect). It's best if you can move out sooner rather than later so you have some space to cool things down (beware of her trying to pull you back with promises).