1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Momosboy, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Momosboy

About two years ago, I tried coming out to a friend of mine. Here's the story.

We were playing Skyrim at his place, and I said, point-blank, "Married at 23 (Name has been removed to protect the innocent), if I told you I was gay, would you still be my friend?" (Also, I didn't tell him Trans because he's a Christian and I don't know how he'd react) His answer was kinda shocking.

"Honestly, I'd have a hard time trusting your judgement if that was the case." Needless to say, I chickened out. Right now, I'm wondering... did I do the right thing by chickening out? Any advice so I can come out to anyone who asks? Or doesn't?

2. andimon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, you took a shot and he didn't seem very accepting. I don't think you should go out of the woods (if you will excuse my swiftie slang) just yet. It's hard to fight when the fight ain't fair. He is probably brainwashed at the moment, so you'd have a hard time explaining. You can, alternatively, do some talking about LGBT with him, if you can do it without raising any suspicions.

#2 andimon, Aug 22, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
  3. Momosboy

He moved, so I don't see him as often, but thanks

4. Phioo

Phioo Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Lol "Brainwashed"...
    It hurts but it's the right word. :rolle: