1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to tell parents about going to the GSA at my school

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by QuietFishy, Aug 22, 2015.

1. QuietFishy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So school is starting in a couple days and I was hoping to go to the Gay Straight Alliance club or GSA for short this year. Last year I saw it and really wanted to go to it but I was very much in the closet and I saw everyone making fun of it making me not want to go. This year I am out and could care less what other people think. But I know my parents will be really weirded out and will not understand why I am going. They are also religious so they don't want me hanging out with "sinners". I also will NOT tell them I am gay that is not an option for me I can't and refuse to tell them for a long time. I am ok with lying to them but I don't know how to go to the GSA and where to tell them I am going. I have thought of telling them I am going to tutorials every Wednesday but Im afraid they will start to get suspicious of me going every Wednesday. I guess my question is, What am I supposed to tell me parents every Wednesday. I really hope to go this year so any advice would be very appreciated. :rolle:

2. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You could say your going to the library or study with a friend

3. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm doing the same thing, GSA. Haven't exactly decided to tell my parents the truth or not, but you can lie and saw you're doing a different club.