1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First relationship since coming out

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Dan91, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Dan91

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey everyone

I'm guessing I'm not the first person to go through this but would love to hear what everyone thinks and their advise

So I came out in April and had a few casual hookups then met my current boyfriend not sure how we ended up becoming partners (if that makes any sense it just seem to happen). But he makes me feel quite insecure as he's had quite a few relationship/hook-ups before we got together so all I want to do it make him happy which he says he is and I'm not sure if that is the truth...

I'm not sure if I can trust him and I don't know how to get over that....
    But tonight I googled his name and a account for a online hook up site popped up it said that he was last active 1 month ago. Which means he's been on there since we've been together... I deleted the app that I was using when I met him !
    So I've created a fake account to see if I can catch him out.... I'm really annoyed at my self for doing this but I don't want him to make a mug out of me... When were together I feel so satisfied but that feeling don't last.
    We also can go up to 3 weeks with out sex I find this really frustrating as I'm quite highly driven
    Help please !!

2. Lyana

Without trust, a relationship can't work.

I don't mean that your suspicions are wrong, necessarily. But that they are not the only issue. "Last active" could mean anything. It could mean he logged on and browsed a couple profiles. Doesn't mean he messaged anyone or intended to. I'm not saying he's innocent. I don't know your boyfriend. Maybe he cheated, maybe he didn't. But you clearly don't trust him, and if he hasn't cheated, that's harming your relationship anyway.

If it were my partner, I would ask her. Because open and honest communication is the best thing for a relationship. Creating a fake account to trap him might not be the best course of action. I recommend you tell him about the concerns you have over your relationship: that you feel insecure, you're not satisfied with the amount of sex you're having, and you want to make sure you both agree that you two are exclusive and not having sex with anyone else.

If he answers, and you think he's lying, then maybe you should consider a break-up, because either he is lying, and in that case there's no honesty, or you're wrong, and there's no trust.