1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not as good as I thought

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Sion, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Sion

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If needed, refer back to my first post titled "Flirtatious friend plays both ways :/"

Okay, so yesterday I finally told "Jack" my love for him, and he was so sweet and accepting of it, offered me advice, assured me our relationship is purely platonic and hoped that I'd be over him soon so that our friendship can flourish more. I even Xboxed him a few hours later and nothing was awkward at all.

Out of the blue today he messages me and basically says that he didn't feel like the message go through, and was just really unnecessarily blunt.
    "I'm not interested, I'm not gay, this isn't going to go anywhere at all so just stop thinking that it is. You can't take years to get over me you better set yourself straight right now."

Another amalgamation of his collective messages spread out over the conversation .
    I told him that I got the message yesterday, and that it was uneeded and slightly rude.

"I dont care. I don't think you understand. I don't want us to be awkward and I just want to be friends." I started to get annoyed and hurt, so I replied.
    "What I need right now is a friendly and compassionate Jack that is respectful of both me and himself, not some fake, blunt jack."

He then continued to repeat himself, and I explained that if our friendship wasn't going to become awkward and deteriorate into nothing (which has happened to me before) then it's going to take work from both of us, and I was very polite and gentle about it all.
    He seems not understand that I didn't get the message, and he expects me to fall out of love with him instantly. Like, that is not going to happen.

He hasn't replied to me for almost 3 hours now. I've tried calling him, sending messages and Snapchat's but he just isn't responding.

What could possibly have brought on his sudden mood swing. Yesterday and all of today I was coping fine. I was not as hurt inside as much as I thought I would be, possibly due to how well it went and that our friendship will still be strong, but now with his new attitude I feel empty and emotionless. And I just, really need to know why my caring, loving friend is suddenly being salty and insensitive. :tears:

2. Hopeful

That seems weird. I don't know what would make him do that. Maybe he's worried you're going to tell people and they'll think he could be gay? Or maybe he IS gay and very in the closet and not ready for people to know?

I'd say give him some space for now and see what happens.

3. mangotree

Sounds like he had a lot of time to think about it over night and realised that he feels at least a little bit uncomfortable about the situation.
    If you can, give him some space to get over it.