1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Okay, how do I interpret all this?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by galaxygia, Aug 26, 2015.

1. galaxygia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay, so a few months ago I realized I had feelings for one of my friends (who is gay) ever since I had met her in 1st grade. Ever since school started again, I've been subtly staring at her when I get the chance, sometimes a little subconsciously. I've been also trying to talk to her whenever I get the chance.

So today in English I was sitting in the corner of the room and she was on my left side. (Not immediately, she was kinda forward and to the left so we could look at each other without turning our heads) I subtly stared at her a little bit like usual, but when we were doing a freewrite I think she caught me looking at her, and I looked away. I looked back at her a few moments later and I caught her looking at me. (This has never happened before, I've just been looking at her) She and I continue to share glances with each other for the rest of class, mostly when she says something and I make eye contact with her. (She says what's on her mind, so sometimes she just blurts stuff out in class. It's kinda cute and it makes me blush a little)

Does this mean anything at all? Or does she just see me as a friend?
    (she knows I'm gay. At least I think so. I've never really come out to her but I don't think I ever needed to. I told my friend who would totally tell her. Besides she's just blatantly mentioned sexuality in front of me before so yeah I think she knows)

(ALSO: I have no intention of asking her out. I'm only in eighth grade and I do not approve of dating in middle school so no I shall not start dating her until I'm old enough, if she has feelings for me.)

2. Hopeful

It's hard to know unless you come right out and ask her! Since you're not really wanting to date yet, maybe just keep going with things how they are see how they play out? You could also ask her what her opinions on dating are, and say how you aren't ready yet but in the future would be. Share any celebrity crushes or something - see if hers are male or female?

3. galaxygia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh, I know she's gay. She came out to me last year while I was still figuring things out. (Well technically she came out as bisexual but it's evolved since then) She has a thing for Emma Watson, but who doesn't? :wink: I'm going to wait a while before I tell her because I'm not really ready yet and I don't know what that would really do for us at this point. I'm going to spend a little more time mulling this over I think...