1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What can I do?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by wanabesuperhero, Aug 27, 2015.

1. wanabesuperhero

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    For almost three months I have been dating this amazing girl, though we both are in the closet due to homophobic parents. Apparently her mom knew about us since the beginning due to someone telling her and has two names in mind of who it is. So it may have been someone she introduced to me when I visited her. Her mom then tells her she has to break up with me and quit her voluenteering and would have a bodyguard when she starts school again. She even said that she may go to conversion therapy, that is just messed up. So she only has two options to leave and be homeless or to stay and have no freedom and lose all sense of her self.

I have no idea what to do because both options are awful... :help:

2. andimon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's awful that there are such parents out there. Wait, mine are homophobic as well. Well, you stated the two options you apparently have. I suggest a compromise. You two publicly (at least, in your parents eyes) split and find a story for your relationship. I think you can actually get away without any repercussions from those jokes that call themselves mothers and fathers. After gaining those animals' trust (yeah, you need to feed them with some "I'm straight!" stuff) you can get back together (still not openly), being extra careful.

Yeah, it sounds like playing a drama movie, but I don't see any alternatives other than pleasing those homophobic rats.

#2 andimon, Aug 27, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  3. wanabesuperhero

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    My parents don't know about me if they did I would be on the street already. She is at her breaking point already that if she stays there any longer I am scared I'll never hear from her again. She is currently going through many heavy things she came out before and had to hide again after her mom flipped. If she were to act again she says that she would never be the same and I would most likely lose her.

4. andimon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I really don't know how social services are like in Canada, but she should start considering contacting an agent.

5. wanabesuperhero

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yeah I will let let her know, thank you for your help.