1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

safe dating

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Mischief, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Mischief

Mischief Guest

Hey guys.

I'm kinda at the point now where I'm comfortable enough in myself to start looking for a partner, but my main question is whether not its ever really safe for a trans person to date. I get it, a lot of us are married or in relationships currently, but I could see where actually looking for someone could get tricky. I'm pre-everything-medical at the moment, so I'm feeling as though it's going to be very hard for me. I don't feel comfortable using dating sites, because of the risks they entail. I don't really need all that much more risk added :lol:

Does anyone know ways I could be safer in finding myself a partner?

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Generally any sort of community organizations (LGBT centers such as PLFAG or others, here in the States) that are in need of volunteers - for any purpose - will be good places to get involved and/or meet more people in your area. They may or may not be people who you can date eventually, but the more people you meet, the better your chances of finding someone eventually. You never know who someone will know!

I don't know what the equivalent organizations will be in western Australia, but if there is any sort of organization around that coordinates LGBT-themed events, or an LGBT bookstore, or LGBT film festival, etc. etc., those would be good places to start, and they might know other things in the area. :slight_smile:

3. Mischief

Mischief Guest

Thanks Gravity!

LGBT groups in Australia seem so hard to find. They're kept incredibly hush-hush, to the point where I can't even find them on the internet. I only know of the Freedom Centre, but have no real idea as to where it is. (all I know is that its in the city)

I don't even know much about laws regarding LGBT people, either. Its really hard. :/