1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dateing an older boy

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by bassboss, Aug 28, 2015.

1. bassboss

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was at a fair and I met a boy who was 17 I really like him but I'm only 14 I don't know if this is bad because I really love him and he really loves me but I don't know if dating him is wrong because of the age difference

2. bassboss

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He really loves me and I don't really care about the age difference but Im afraid of what other people may think and my parents who already don't like that I'm gay

3. OfTheKokiri

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Personally, even though the age difference is only three years, I find that such a gap at certain times of life (such as the teenage years) is more significant. I know for me the emotional/mental development was exponential in growth for each year I got through as a teenager.

As for what other people may think (including parents) you can't control it. You would just have to deal with it. It sounds harsh, but maybe your hesitation is not only social acceptance. Have you considered waiting? See how stuff pans out over time.

Sorry if this is not the response you were hoping for.