1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I thought the feelings were gone

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by jp97, Aug 29, 2015.

1. jp97

At the end of last year I came out to my crush and he acted as if he did not hear me or cared and I was hurt. Bad. It took a while to get over it and the first week Of summer I stayed in bed and just sat there swallowed by my depression and crying to myself listening to "someone like you" by Adel (still brings tears to my eyes :tears::tears:slight_smile:, but as time went by and I got better and I slowly got over it, forgetting about him completely. I felt as if it never happened and I was relatively happy again, that is until school started.
    When I first saw him my stomach tied itself in a knot and I felt as if I was going to puke and pass out. This has happened every-time I have seen him. We haven't talked at all yet(do not think I could with out throwing-up), but this feeling is so frustrating and I really thought I was over him and these feelings are just digging up old hurt long since buried. This makes me so made and There is no way to avoid him(I see him almost everyday). All I want is to go with my life without these stupid damn feelings gnawing at the back of my mind.
    What I would like some advise is how to get rid of this heavy depressing feeling that dogs me again and how to get where he has no effect on me anymore because this just makes me feel weak and powerless.

2. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Did you have any sort of relationship with him before you told him how you feel, or is he someone who you have always admired from a distance? I'm just interested to know how well you actually know him as a person.

What you do know is that he completely ignored everything you said to him and couldn't care less how you felt afterwards and I would urge you to remember that well every time you see him. Ask yourself if you would even want to have a relationship with someone like him who shows so little care? Personally, I would avoid people who lack sensitivity and respect like the plague, no matter how good they look. If someone is so lacking in basic manners and integrity, they are ugly to me and not worthy of my time or emotional energy. Don't you feel the same way?

Admiring someone from afar is fine, but if we don't know them all that well or if they show their true colours like this guy has, we need to step back and really consider the validity of our crush feelings. I hope you can re-focus and begin to do that.

(&&&)

3. jp97

I met him last year and we became friends and the more time I spent talking to him the more I realized I was falling for him:icon_redf and I was over joyed and I got a few mixed signals that in hind sight I might have read too deep into, though before I fell head-over-heels for him he gave off a "gay vibe" and thought I could confide in him.

Thank-you for your advice

4. confusedbubble

Try to find something to occupy your time try joining a new group or start doing a new sport that'll keep your mind occupied and away from thinking about him because if you see him on your way to that you can think how you need to be there or what you have to do when there not giving much time to think about him