1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Partner envy

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by mangotree, Aug 29, 2015.

1. mangotree

Does anyone else see people in relationships (especially lesbian or gay couples) and sometimes feel the sharp pang of envy?
    Sometimes even when they're not real people - like in movies, books and TV shows.

2. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think most single people feel that way at one time or another :slight_smile:

3. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yep, totally feel that way at times, which is funny on a daily basis I am not really looking for a relationship but there is small moments where I am like '' damn wouldn't it be great to have that ? " haha I guess everyone go through those moments one day or another like HM03 said :slight_smile:

4. mochii

Yes! Because I want to feel what they feel you know? Especially when I am feeling particularly lonely. And I envy how they are able to show their relationship off in a hetero-normative society, it's a beautiful little act of rebellion to societal standards. But my envy is also paired with feeling happy for them and feeling hopeful to experience what they have one day.