1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i may have to go to a hospital but what will my freinds think when i get back

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by bassboss, Aug 30, 2015.

1. bassboss

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am going to the doctor for being schizophrenic and my mom who is a mental Heath nurse said that I may have to go to a hospital for a couple of weeks but what will my friends think of me going to a mental hospital will they still like me and will no one like me anymore because of it

2. Ameryllis

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sure your friends will understand if you explain it to them, and if they don't then they obviously weren't very good friends in the first place. If you don't want them to know, just tell them you have some problems to deal with and you have to go to a hospital for a little while. Good luck! :slight_smile:

3. bassboss

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I already lost my best friend for telling him about it And I couldn't lie to them because if I dissaper for 4 or 5 weeks there going to want to know about it and what else would I be doing and if I just don't tell them then they won't like me anymore

4. ebda30

Out Status:
    A few people
    I was put in the hospital at age 16, for attempting suicide and what they thought was schizophrenia (was major depression with psychotic episodes) I was gone a couple Weeks. My friends were very supportive, my then boyfriend is now my husband. I think everyone felt a little weird when I came back, but I was open and let them ask questions, etc and it made people I think feel less awkward about it.

If your friends are not supportive or no longer your friends, they are not worth having in your life to begin with.

---------- Post added 30th Aug 2015 at 10:55 AM ----------

Oh, and because I left on a weekend, no one really know, Mt siblings did not disclose what was going on, thru just said I was sick. left it up to me to tell or not. Some I didn't at first and IRS completely up to you what you want to disclose.

5. bassboss

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I live in a small town (boyertown)and word travels fast so I would bacicly just leave and disapear for a couple of weeks then come back and act like nothing happened or come back and tell one person then everyone will know I'm crazy and I had to go to a mental hospital and if I know people that go to my school they will call it an asylum and that I'm a psycho

6. ebda30

Out Status:
    A few people
    I was small town also, there were a lot of rumors when I came back. The thing with rumors are, you can let them control you. Or you can control them. I still made it my choice what I shared, people will talk whether you tell them or not.

7. bassboss

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maby I'll just tell my friend that I may have to go somewhere for a while