1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confusion Over Attraction to friend:/

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by bubbles123, Aug 30, 2015.

1. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

So I've been friends with this girl for a while. She's bi and it turns out she's liked me for a long time and now she's not really sure if we're friends or what because we've been talking about my sexuality a lot.
    She doesn't know I know this. I was told by others.

Anyway, my feelings for her are confusing me because I'm very sexually attracted to her. In fact, I'm rarely attracted to people in general and I'm more attracted to her than I've ever been attracted to anyone else. So if I'm attracted to her, then what's stopping me from pursuing an actual relationship with her? That's where I'm confused. I don't feel romantically attracted to her, and yeah I know being aromantic is a thing but I'm just not sure if it's that. I've never seriously liked anyone I don't think and I'm pretty sure loving someone scares me. Other people loving me definitely scares me and I'm not sure if it's possible for that fear to be stopping me from liking her that way or if it has more to do with my orientation. Any thoughts? I'm really confused:/

2. confusedbubble

The romantic attraction usually happens as you get to know the person more, well that's what happens with me as I learn everything about them that's usually when I fall for them... Do you 2 speak a lot sounds like you need to just get talking and let thongs flow

3. Phioo

Phioo Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    U did that on purpose ya nasty

4. Laura27

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    From what I am reading you are sure you are sexually attracted to her. I would advise you to not think about labels and go with the flow. And by that I mean if you are curious to find out whether you could develop romantic feelings for her, you could hang out more with her. And if you don't, then don't hang out with her. Really, it all depends on what you want :slight_smile: There is, luckily, no code for these things. Do what feels right.

Don't worry, I know it might freak you out a bit now, but not being solely straight is completely normal. Just do not worry about labels too much, it is, at least in my experience, a waste of time and energy :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. confusedbubble

Ooops didn't notice that yeh maybe you need to let thongs and things flow hahaha

6. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

Thanks for the advice guys! I guess I should hang out with her more. I mean, we're like best friends but we actually don't spend a whole lot of time just talking so there's a lot about her I don't know and vice versa. Thank you all for the insight it was very helpful. I'll try to let thongs flow:wink: