1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mom thinks "I'm better than the type of people I'm attracted too"

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by SoshySheri, Aug 30, 2015.

1. SoshySheri

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm going to cut to the chase I'm a lesbian, I'm out my mom dosent like it and we go months to years without talking about it, she just pissed me off and I feel like crying but my neices 2nd birthday party is in a few minutes so if I yell at her or even show I'm upset I'm going to look like a bad person and it's my neices big day so I really need your help and support because I'm upset and I need to put a smile on and be social very soon and all I want to do is cry and yell. I like all different types of women. girlfriend happens to be butch and a bigger person with most of her head shaved yeah she stands out from other girls and that's what I like about her she is a strong person who dosent hide who she is and try to change for anyone and I love how she wants to show me off to everyone, her familly, her friends and when she asked if she could post pictures of me on fb and I cried because she is the only girl who hasn't tried to hide me from her friends and family. My mom worries grandma will see the pictures and asked if I'm worried and I said no, she said she's worried in an upset quite tone, she tried to tell me she wishes I would date "prettier" girls and that I can do better, I told her why do I have to think what everyone else likes is attractive? My girlfriend is buetiful. she sorta decided that my girlfriend isnot good enough for me without even meeting her, or knowing anything about her, she told me she dosent seam nice to be posting things like that, which was pics of us together, the posts that made me so happy I had cried.

My neice is here , I hope the party goes well, I sorta feel like crying

2. Laura27

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dear SoshySheri, please don't let your moms disapproval affect you! Be the better person in this situation and ignore everything she has said about not liking the girls that you like. At least for a little while.

It sounds like you and your mom need a good conversation. Although most parents would love to influence the choice of their partner, they simply can't. And keep in mind that your mom has a certain image of what a good partner for you would be like, and so do you, it is only different. You both want the best for you.

Talk to your mom another time, and tell her that you feel hurt by disapproving of your choice of partner.

I am hoping you are still having a good time on the birthday party!

3. SoshySheri

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thankyou, I did have a good time, it's hard not to let it affect me because she's my mother and she's ashamed of me, anyway I just needed to vent, I know my mother I know she is not going to change her opinions anytime soon, she wants me to be someone I am not, she wants me to keep my gf hidden, and a I won't do that,.I'm going to introduce her to my brothers, my dad has already met her, I'm afraid for her to meet my mom and now I'm even more scared.