1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My partner has homophobic parents

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Gakmstr, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Gakmstr

My parents have always been accepting of me and my relationships, so I'm new to this. This person has attempted to come out once before as both bisexual and agender, but their parents almost kicked them out of the house. So they will most likely be stuck in the closet until they move out. I am terrified of their parents finding out and putting my partner at risk. This is also putting a strain on our relationship, seeing as we can never go on dates and the only time we can see each other is through a mutual friend.
    Does anyone have any advice?

2. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am so sorry. My girlfriend and I are switched: she's the one with the accepting parents and I'm the one who could get kicked out of the house. It can be a rough situation for both of us. Can you tell your parents that they're just a friend and then go over to their house? Is there somewhere you can go on dates where you won't run into anyone you know?

I don't know how old the two of you are but is there a chance they'll be able to move out sooner rather than later?