1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Straight homophobic friend with a twist.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by NevojRenin, Aug 31, 2015.

1. NevojRenin

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hello guys, im just new so I dont really much know the loops here. Here goes:

I have this friend who is straight but actually all of my friends are straight so it is very hard for me to blend in since im still closeted and cannot come out. This friend of mine knows my sexuality, he knows me. The only things is he is straight and somewhat homophobic but he accepts me and cares for me as a friend. I also accept him for what he is, being judgmental about people like be, but of course he doesnt do that to me. One thing about him is that he is lustful and since he knows me to be gay, he uses me to remove his lustfulness when he felt it. We have kissed, touched his (!), etc. but we didnt done "it" yet. As time goes by I feel attached to him wherein I have this feelings that I want to be noticed and appreciated. I dont know if I fell for him or just I miss the things we do since this time our activities are somewhat minimized or mostly not happening anymore but sometimes it still happens when I request but not like the past where he likes it, he does only because im his friend. I know I dont have the right since were not in a relationship or something and he is straight definitely. But I dont want to lose him, Its ok for me to be friends but I feel hurt when he doesnt notice me or appreciates me. Do I have to stay away from him? For me hes the only understanding friend I got, I dont want to stay away, I will just hurt myself and then crawl back to him. Should we stop our activities?the kissing, etc.? But thats the only connection I have with him, we dont have actually anything in common. Any advice, im really confused.

2. Phioo

Phioo Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Man, I love these stories where there's one guy who's like: "I phink hes str8 but he sucked mah deck" and the other guy's like: " Yo, wassup, sexy? Yesterday I fked u in da boat butt I'm totally stroight! I got a grilfriend as proof! Also gay people are so gay!!!" but then there's this guy who's like: "Wat! I thought u likaed meh! Uh uhuh!" then, Other Guy's like: "Sorreh, babe... I can't lov yoo..." then he sends a message the other gay guy saying: "Sorry, Ai shoudldnvc't haev sad those theengs plees 4giv mii... u r rally importent 2 my... lets hang out!" Then the gay guy's best friend says: "Okay, If this guy is not gay or bi then I swear to god I'll shoot myself." THE END.
    Sorry, I HAD to do that.

Anyway... He's bi, probs.
    But you said that you two have nothing in common, which is very bad. (It means that most times it doesn't work)
    I'd say forget about that bitch before you get hurt badly.

3. Blue787Bunny

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I would like to answer your questions with other questions...

Do I have to stay away from him? For me he's the only understanding friend I got, I don't want to stay away, I will just hurt myself and then crawl back to him.

I think you just answered your own question. However let us be clear with what do you exactly expect to happen with this relationship. We are clear with one thing your "Straight" (questioning) friend and you are experimenting. Where do you exactly expect things to lead to? If indeed he considers himself straight. Ask yourself is it realistic for you to fall for straight men? Do you see in any foreseeable future that a straight man would fall for you? What if he does not reciprocate your feelings? Then you have just set yourself up for hurt. And eventually are you ready to lose the friendship?, if it leads to that.

Should we stop our activities?the kissing, etc.? But that's the only connection I have with him, we don't have actually anything in common. Any advice, I/m really confused.

Again define the boundaries of your friendship. Define the relationship itself. If experimentation is the only thing that binds you, then would you really call it friendship? Or more like F*ck Buddies or Friends with Benefits. True friendship spans more than lust infatuation or platonic love. Friendship goes as far as connecting your through interests, life experiences, etc. As of this moment your friendship is connected by a weak bridge fed by lust. However as you mentioned even this element is now in question. You are now tittering on the edge of whether your friendship goes beyond lust.

If you are interested in defining the relationship you may withhold on the activities, kissing, etc. If he breaks off the friendship then you have at least saved yourself from the hurt of being too invested in the shallow relationship.

I do hope you make the right decision. :slight_smile:

If it's any help you can read up on a post I had made regarding Gay-Straight Crushes. If it helps you, I would have been glad I shared it. http://emptyclosets.com/forum/general-support-advice/190004-please-help-me-im-really-depressed.html#post2777830

#3 Blue787Bunny, Aug 31, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
  4. TheSeeker

Ok, even though this is a bit dickish... It's also hilarious.

OP: Yeah, homophobia is usually a shortened version of "I-am-a-homo-phobia". If the dude likes kissing you and messing around, even while complaining about gays, he could be many things... but straight sure as hell isn't one of them.

5. bluesky

Stay away from him and do you. There's plenty of guys out there who will appreciate you when the time is right and you are comfortable with himself. He's the only one that knows about you and that's why you feel like he's your everything. Trust me, he's NOT. You should like you know what you're talking about.. put your feelings before his. He could be many things.. straight..bi..gay.. who knows? All you know at this instant is that you're hurt and you want to be love. You need to focus on yourself and you'll eventually find what you want. Good luck!

@Phioo, your post made me laugh lol.

6. JB2015

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Perhaps I can be of more help if I can ask how this relationship started and get to the 'activities' if you two have nothing in common?

barring that, I'll give it a go on what you gave us.

I think he is at least questioning or curious.

I have few friends, all straight, and although I'm very close to them and I know they care about me and would do almost anything for me, I can't imagine we would ever do this, so that tells me there's something in this for him.

I would simply ask him what he wants in terms of the future, if he wants to continue the 'activities'.

You may be helping him with a part of his life and not know it, and it sure sounds like he is helping you in a way.

Maybe you guys can help each other in the early stages, but I do agree this sounds like it would not be a relationship.

I would definitely ask how he feels about the 'activities', what he wants, and act accordingly.

Best of luck.

7. StartANewLifE

I agree. If you're closeted stay away from him as much or possible, or if you can't, just stop doing what you were doing before it's too late.