1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marriage

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by aussielefty, Sep 1, 2015.

1. aussielefty

I know there has been a lot of talk with the gay marriage around the world
    now being more accepted, and hopefully soon in Australia as well.

Has any one recently gotten married to there man since this has been more in the media?
    was it a good experience, I know I need to find a partner first but its something in the back of my mind, some day would like to marry Mr right...

(*hug*)

2. Mischief

Mischief Guest

I haven't, considering I'm only 16 and don't have a partner, but my uncles in America got married as soon as it was made legal. I'm really happy for them, if not a bit jealous. :grin:

I too hope the Australian government gets their shit together soon. Tony is only delaying the inevitable. We don't live in 1950 anymore, man.

3. iiimee

I think it's people can get married, but being a young transgender boy, it makes me wonder if I'll ever get married. :/ Personally I don't think marriage is for everyone, but I think anyone who wants to be abled to get married should be able to!

4. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My girlfriend and I joked about eloping on the day of the Supreme Court decision but I could never ask her to marry me in secret. Someday...

5. aussielefty

its interesting times, I wonder if I'll ever be able to walk down the streeet
    hand in hand with my husband (when ever it happens) with out the fear of being beaten up or what ever ...

6. Willa

I very recently got married and it was a beautiful experience. The woman who did our documentation was very courteous, which surprised us both. We had a little ceremony in our living room. All I can say is that I couldn't have imagined before now the effect that marriage would have on our relationship. I have always loved her, but something about being united completely has brought us even closer. It's like we're a brand new couple all over again. It has given us a fresh perspective on what it means to suport each other, and we have each gained a lot of respect and admiration and appreciation for the other as an individual. The two changes that stand out the most: The first is that we both hold our heads a little higher when people come after us, like our marriage makes us totally untouchable and dignified and strong. The second is that when we have to be away from each other, we actually miss each other less. People say to each other all the time "Nothing can ever separate us," but now that we are married, I really feel that. I am never not with her. We are one. I hope that someday you find someone deserving to spend your life with, and I hope that you can do it in your own country. God bless.

7. aussielefty

thanks every one , its a constant struggle, do I look for love or just a F*** I've had so many of those all my life, now I think I want love ..It just gets me down so much some times