1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Relationships and doubts

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by tentacles, Sep 2, 2015.

1. tentacles

My therapist said I should create an account on ****** because I feel very lonely when I see all my straight friends dating. I agreed with her and did what she said.
    I met two girls there: one I know that I want to keep talking to, since she's very nice and only one year older than me. But the other one is 6 years older and doesn't want a romantic relationship.
    Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind going out only to have some fun with her, the problem is her age. All my friends said I should go out with her, but I am afraid of her laughing at me because I'm not so experienced or wanting to have sex (and again, don't get me wrong: I'd love to have sex, I just don't know if I'd like my first time to be with someone more experienced and that I don't love).
    Sigh... I'd really appreciate an advice.

2. JB2015

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Can a gay guy give some advice? :lol:

If yes, click below.

If not, skip

short term:

I don't think there were be any harm just going out. Even you seem to agree with that.

long term:

How do you feel about both of these girls?

Age can really become irreverent if you have a connection, and if you are compatible,

Secondly, some sites have compatibility tests.

If this site has them, and if you both have honestly taken them, have a look at what they say.

Sometimes it helps when feelings are involved to see things in 'black and white', if you will

3. tentacles

Of course, no problem!

I really like both of them. I can see myself with the first girl (the one that is one year older - let's call her A), but not with the second girl (let's call her B). I don't think that's a problem, since girl B said to me she is not interested in a serious relationship. What is really making me nervous is the age difference.

Well, reading what you've said and thinking about it, I probably won't face any problems (except that it has been a loooong time since my last kiss, haha). All this worries is my anxiety talking, I guess.

And thank you for your advice!

4. JB2015

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can totally understand your anxiety.

Hopefully once you are out and about with them, you will ease into it.

As far as the age of girl B, you ultimately have to know your own personal comfort level, but maybe you can just add her as another person to talk to/be friends with?
    You mentioned she is not interested in a serious relationship anyway.

Since you like her, I'd hate to see you walk away entirely and then regret it, especially because in your original post, you said:
    Again, it's your personal comfort level, though.

#4 JB2015, Sep 2, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2015