1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Past "relationship" still makes me feel bad, need advice

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by peachwad, Sep 4, 2015.

1. peachwad

Out Status:
    A few people
    Well I met this guy about 3 years ago online, it was kind of a long distance relationship thing and we've been through a lot. I felt like I've always cared more than he did though. We still kinda talk now but a few months ago, we were talking like we were in a relationship, we would video chat and everything, I told him how I felt and told him I loved him, he always said he loved me back. A few weeks later I saw him posting photos of another girl, I asked him who she was and he said she was his friend with benefits and I was literally heartbroken. I just stopped talking to him completely and he would keep texting me telling me how he misses me, but I really don't know how he thinks how I would forgive him. I have a boyfriend now (sometimes I think he's too good for me) and the previous guy was snapchatting me the other night (probably so his fwb/new gf wouldn't see) asking me to forgive him and saying that he misses me again. I checked my snapchat right now and his gf posted a selfie and now I just feel really terrible, I guess I still have feelings for him even though I haven't talked to him in months until the other night or maybe I just wasn't happy with how things ended? We would talk about meeting each other before so maybe I feel like that was taken away. If he was single, I wouldn't consider having an actual relationship with him because of how he treated me but I don't get why I'm feeling this way about him having a girlfriend. :dry: this thread is kinda dumb fml

2. LogicNoSense

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Firstly, I know what you mean. But for me, online relationships suck, big time. I say to never get very deep into them. Been into a ton, but never emotionally attached.

When he said she was his friend with benefits, I think that's a deal breaker right there. Sure, your relationship is online, but look at this two ways.

Your POV: he's your boyfriend, online or not. You're dating, and he shouldn't be...frisking around with another girl.
    His POV: The relationship is online, and he might not even be serious about it. Even if he does, he's a man with sexual frustrations. He can't be always jerking off into his hand all the time. To a certain extend, he is justified.

But honestly-if he does post pics of them in very intimate positions, I'm kinda betting she's his gf.

Er, wait. Throughout the last part, you still have your boyfriend? Peach dammit stay committed to your boyfriend! You might not feel like you deserve him, but if he's here, he's chosen you with his own will. Keep your mind out of the gutter (your ex) and on your bf. Whether he's in a relationship or not is none of your business-you've got a bf. Devote your feelings to your ex to your bf.

And if your ex was snapchatting you secretly, I'm betting that his FWB is actually his gf.

PS, word of personal advice when it comes to online relationships: don't get serious or emotionally attached, especially if you can't meet up or live very far away and you're not going to meet face to face. You practically know nothing about each other, so it's risky, and the other party might not be giving their 100% in the relationship.