1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Love really hurts :'(

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Sky82, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Sky82

I have been in love with the same woman for 20 years, we have been best friends for most of them and growing up together. It's only the last 5 yrs we drifted apart a little due to me moving away and following my dream career. We are still really.close friends just not joined to the hip any more.
    6 months ago she told me she was getting married and it would be in 2016 to some fella who I can't stand, that might have something to do with me loving her (jealousy is a strong thing) Anyway she told everyone she was going on holiday two weeks ago, which is quite normal as she is a travel agent. She has surprised everyone and come back married, I am happy for her as she is happy and that's all I want, her happiness is the most important thing. But, F**K IT HURTS :tears: It hurts so much :tears: :tears:

2. idsm

I don't really have something to say, but...(*hug*)
    I dread the moment I'll have to go through this, too. :icon_sad:

3. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Aw, hugs to you OP ! (*hug*)
    Unfortunately, not much to be said, but hopefully this will mark a whole new fresh start for you and will somehow make it easier for you to get her out your head and meet available people.

Best of luck Sky82 ! :slight_smile:

4. LogicNoSense

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Love hurts like a b*tch man. There really isn't anything you can do but to get over it slowly. I can't imagine how hard it will be for you to get over it-I liked a guy for 5 years, and I'm still getting over it, almost 2 years later. I can't imagine how much time it will take for yours.

5. Sky82

Thanks for the kind words.

You know what it's like when you have a few drinks and get over emotional lol. Yer it hurts but she has found her true one which I'm over the moon about.

A friend once said falling for a straight same sex person only ends in pain and oh he is right. But we all have lessons to learn, guess thus was one of mine lol.

Has anyone else ever fallen for a straight person?

6. idsm

I'm pretty sure almost everyone has.

Just take a look at the Relationships and General Advice sections. Topics like this pop up almost everyday. It's kind of sad really..

But what can we do? We like who we like.

7. Sky82

Very true the heart wants what it wants :slight_smile:

I've been reading a few, some are so sad. I really feel for these people.

8. Manicpanicx

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sorry :frowning2:

That really sucks, I know the feel. But true love is wanting what's best for the person you love even if it's not you. And having the capacity to love a person like that means that you have the capacity to love someone else like that as well. You'll meet your woman. Don't give up!

---------- Post added 10th Sep 2015 at 12:20 AM ----------

The girl I'm in love with now is straight and unfortunately I'm slowly watching her fall for someone else right in front of my very eyes. Distance is our best friend at this point.

9. ArlettBaySB

Out Status:
    Some people
    I hope you find ways to feel better. I think I'm falling in love with someone who lives far far away from me and who would probably never return my affections so I know what it's like. Stay close to your friend (it's not good to just walk away) but allow yourself some happiness as well..
    It's not fair to spend your life sad because of love. Nobody deserves that.
    We're here to support you and I do hope with all my heart that you find your own path in love, begin again/move on, whetever works for you. Keep your heart and mind open. Who knows? Life is odd, it's always changing.
    We never know what's going to happen next
    I wish you great luck and a lot of happiness one day.

10. JB2015

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know there is nothing I can say to ease your pain but take as much time as you feel you need and I really hope it does get easier.

I fell in love with one of my closest straight male friends about 6 years ago, who I became very close to the year prior. Hip close like you describe with your friend.
    Tragically for me we had a falling out over something really minor and stupid about a year after that, and he still refuses to even talk to me.
    It's been nearly 5 years since then, and I still think about him every day.

I'm very glad that you and your friend are still so close, and I would say hold on to that with all you can.

Trust me when I say the pain is far worse when all of a sudden one day you two have nothing.

That's not to diminish the pain and sadness the loss of having a romantic relationship with her has caused you, but I'm so glad you two are still such close friends.

Hold on to it, Sky82. Hold on to it and never let go.